Saturday, August 15, 2015

TC-2015 - Day Zero

The drive to Tennessee was uneventful. I am glad I went early in the morning - much easier to drive without falling asleep. It took me 16.5 hours with 3 refueling stops and 30 minutes at a dinner.

New weather cover for my glider was handy,  too. Drove through some very heavy downpour.
Rain

It was dark when I arrived. Valley below looked mysterious. And forest was very loud :-)

...

Forecast for the next week does not look promising. Rain and overcast. Overcast and rain.
It rained today in the morning. When the rain stopped, I could go to Whitwell, but with the skies like this - it would be a sledder.

Sequatchie Valley from Henson's Gap

I didn't go. Team Challenge starts tomorrow and there is a slight chance we could fly. We'll see... One day at a time.



No comments :

Post a Comment