Friday, July 15, 2016

Tradition

There is an old Morningside tradition - after you fly from Ascutney to Morningside for the first time, your fellow pilots throw you into the pond. I had nothing against the tradition, but when I landed on my flight from Ascutney to Morningside back in May, it was rather cold. I was "spared" at the time. Which I didn't mind either - I just do not like cold weather at all.

So, fast forward to July, for one reason or another,  Max dunking never happened... until now, July 4th. That's the way to celebrate Independence Day!

Dunked. (photo by Mariyan Ivanov)



And here is a video, also shot my Mariyan.



Still flying...


For the rest of the weekend I stayed dry. Got a nice flight from aerotow. The conditions were light and we didn't go anywhere. But I boated around for 1:40. Flew to Claremont and back. Sharing thermals with Crystal and Ilya was fun, too.

Here is the recording of that flight (Davidson Tarufly, a paraglider pilot, also in this recording. He launched from 450 and went on XC flying far).


I also got a chance to try a new camera mount. A follow cam. The video didn't come out the way I expected, but I still have a few ideas on how to improve things.

Camera dangling below me


a snapshot from swinging camera

Thermalling with the follow cam. Needs angle adjustment.

And of course, some fire burning commenced after dark. Tradition, you know...


No comments :

Post a Comment