Monday, June 29, 2015

Planting a seed

I try not to force any relatively dangerous activities on friends and family. Sure, I talk about how much I enjoy doing things, and I do suggest for them to try it, but as no interest is expressed - I shut up. So imagine my delight when my son, Ivan, expressed interest in trying hang gliding without me even asking.

Since I started learning hang gliding from aerotow, I suggested that this was the best option for him as well. Experience a flight right away, and then decide if it is something to dedicate more time to. So one Saturday morning we went to Hang Glide New England.

After Rhett towed them up, he quickly came back to pick me up to I could take a few photographs and videos while high in the sky. Awesome! I totally enjoyed that experience. Taking photos of another moving aircraft from a small airplane is not an easy task. For one, it was really hard to compose a shot and get everything in focus. I took a dozen of pictures, hoping that autofocus would do the job. Then I switched to video.

Anna also was shooting a video with a gopro mounted on a hang glider. I combined those two footages into a small video. The whole flight was around 25 minutes, but experience is so intense and out of ordinary that it feels one with energy for the whole day, and hopefully, motivates one to learn how to fly. I hope this video reflects the joy of flight. You can try that too!




No comments :

Post a Comment