Saturday, April 26, 2014

Oh snap!

My first aerotow at Morningside in 2014... Actually, it was the first aerotow of the season at Morningside. Eric Meibos (a tug pilot) wanted to open aerotowing with a more experienced pilot first, so Josh Laufer (an instructor at Morningside) test flown my Falcon before me, and only then I went. When we started to roll, the cart pulled to one side and I decided that I had enough speed to get out of the cart. I started to push out slightly, came up, and weak link snapped.

snap

I recovered quickly and landed on my belly. No harm was done. Eric told me I should have stayed on the cart longer and bump-steer it if it pulled to one side. I've done exactly that on my next try and had no problem all the way to 2500' AGL. It was around 5PM and clear sky. I couldn't find anything that would bring me up, so my flight was a sledder. Around 24 minutes total, including the tow.
 




No comments :

Post a Comment